We are looking for a Social Worker to join our vibrant and inspiring Social Services team. The position is part time (23 hours per week), providing social work support, advocacy, intervention, information, education, and referrals.
NWC has a commitment to supporting sound professional practice and ongoing professional development and training, which includes funding annual SWRB Registration and Annual Practising Certificate and ANZASW Membership.
If you are keen to take an active role in empowering women/wāhine to be safe, resourceful, to value themselves, and to reach their potential, apply now
• A recognised social work qualification.
• SWRB registered or working towards this.
• An understanding and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
• A commitment to feminist philosophy and ability to work comfortably with all
women/wāhine in a holistic, mana-enhancing and empowering way.
This is a part time role, for 9 1/2 hours per week (Primarily on Fridays, with other days negotiable), as well as 1 hour per month to attend the NWC House Meeting.
The job includes the following responsibilities:
• ‘Front of House’ Reception person for visitors, which includes answering phone calls, responding to enquiries, Op shop assistance
• Workshops: Maintaining the workshop calendar, coordinating with workshop tutors, and keeping participant bookings up-to-date
• Picking up house supplies - ensuring items are topped up
• Ensure house is tidy
• Assist with fundraising events as appropriate.
• Participate in monthly NWC House meetings.
• Other tasks as delegated by the Centre manager
· Interest in and commitment to contributing to a community agency working to empower women.
· Calm and reassuring manner, particularly with highly emotive/potentially crisis situations.
· Ability to communicate well (speaking and writing). Basic computer and MS Office skills to create minutes of meetings, emails, social media posts.
· Is proactive, shows initiative and self-management skills.